Friday, November 9, 2007

Now introducing...

Annotated Bibliography: Growing Up In a Single Parent Home

Introduction: The main research question that my paper will address is: What are the negative effects on children growing up in a single parent home if any? I am writing this research paper for not a few different crowds: single parents, those who were brought up in single parent homes, and a scholarly audience of psychology. These sources will show that contrary to popular belief there is no direct correlation to adolescent misbehavior and growing up in a single parent home. In fact, in some instances research has actually come up with positive effects as a result of growing up in a single parent home. On the other hand, some of the naysayer sources contribute deviance of children to parent’s lack of attention which can be found more often in single parent families.

After compiling research I have decided that the body of my paper will be comparing the results of scholarly research that has been done on this topic. In the concluding portion of my paper I will take a stance given the results and form a persuasive conclusion.

No comments: